KBS Fire Rated Caulking
Refer to our downloads page forpage for complete technical information.
KBS FR Caulking is a fire barrier sealant. It is a high viscous, one component fire retardant intumescent caulk. It is fire rated for up to two hours under UL, FM and BS476.
KBS FR Caulking fireproof caulk is used to seal electrical cables, plastic pipes, steel and copper pipes that penetrate fire-rated walls and floors. Our fire rated sealant (also known as caulk) is a great way to keep your home or business safe. Most fires spread through electrical cabling or PVC piping so this is one of the most effective ways to protect yourself from the spread of fire.
KBS FR Caulking intumescent caulk consists of water-based thermoplastic resins, intumescent agents, reinforcement fibres, pigments and additives. KBS FR caulking is free of halogens and solvents.
- Drying time: depends on temperature and humidity, a 5mm thick layer is dry after two weeks (23°C / 50% RLF)
- Application: use standard caulking gun or trowel, see application recommendations
- Cleaning of equipment: water
- Safety measures: no special requirements, rubber gloves and safety goggles recommended, see MSDS (downloads section)
- Packaging: cartridges of 310 ml plastic pails of 7, 15 and 25 kg plastic drums of 35 kg
- Shelf life: 12 months in original closed containers
- Storage temperature: 5° - 30°C, protect from frost
KBS FR Caulking intumescent sealants are ideal for:
- Steel and alumina plants
- Manufacturing facilities
- Apartment buildings
- A host of other applications where cable and pipe penetrations can be found.