Refer to our downloads page for complete technical information.
KBS Passive Fire represents Albi in Australia, New Zealand and Saudi Arabia.
Albi DriClad is a revolutionary, new fire proof board system that encloses structural steel. Comparable in price to soft fireproofing, Dri Clad goes on dry and requires no water or mixing, nor special staging or work-area encapsulation. Other trades may work around DriClad fire proofing board installers.
DriClad can be pre-cut for easier on-the-job installation, in all weather conditions. DriClad is a mineral board comprised of volcanic rock and resins. Its density and thickness are factory-controlled for uniformity of application. It adds minimal weight to the structural steel. DriClad can be cut with a blade and fastened with the AlbiScrew fastening system for Albi fire, which is specially designed for fast, easy run-down or removal. The screws unique head design provides increasing torque as it penetrates deeper into the fire proof board. The result is a fire-proven, sturdy joint thats unique to the DriClad system. Albi DriClad is listed for concrete or steel column and beam fire protection by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
- Noncombustible fiber board firproofing,
- High insulating value,
- No steel surface preparation required,
- High sound absorption,
- No leachable chloride content,
- Non-capillary and non-hygroscopic,
- Completely free of asbestos, CFCs and HFCs,
- Chemically inert,
- Installs dry without disruption to other trades,
- Applies year-round in all weather conditions,
- Factory-controlled density and thickness,
- Light weight and low-cost.